If you or any of your loved ones is having asthma, you should know that proper diet plan and exercises can help you in preventing symptoms. You should ask your doctor regarding your specific diet plan as your doctor can tell you best after your detailed examination.
Diet Plan For Asthma
According to our medical experts, you should take care of the following things while eating anything.
- Maintain A Healthy Weight – Maintaining your healthy weight is necessary. You need to know your ideal weight according to BMI. If you are underweight or overweight – both cases are dangerous for you. So, if you are overweight, you should reduce your weight to the normal level to improve the symptoms of asthma. Your doctor or fitness trainer can help you in this regard.
- Avoid Sulfites – Another thing that you should include in your diet is to avoid sulfites. When you intake sulfites, it may trigger asthma. So, you have to avoid shrimp, pickles, dry fruits, wine, and other related foods to avoid sulfites.
- Add Vegetables & Fruits In Your Diet – Both vegetables and fruits are rich sources of antioxidants including vitamin E, vitamin C, and Beta Carotene. So, if you have irritation, inflammation, or lung swelling, you will get improvement in it.
- Avoid Allergy-Triggering Foods – You have to know your body so that you can avoid foods which trigger an asthma attack. When you are suffering from asthma, the rate of being allergic to any food item increases. So, when you eat any of these food items, you start getting asthma symptoms or an attack.
- Take Vitamin D – If you are at the severe stage of the disease, you may have low levels of vitamin D in your body. So, taking vitamin D can help you combating an allergic reaction or an asthma attack. Add fish, eggs, and milk in your diet to intake vitamin D. Also, you can take vitamin D by spending your time in sunlight.
Also, you may reduce the symptoms of the ailment by eating less amount of salt and foods contain more amount of oils. However, you need to do more research for further verification.
Keep the fact in mind that careful selection of foods won’t cure asthma but it will help you in reducing the onset of symptoms. Also, avoiding triggered foods and eating a balanced diet can improve the overall quality of your life.
Exercises for Asthma Patients
It is known that asthma patients should avoid exercise as it triggers different symptoms of asthma. Different people can experience issues in wheezing, coughing, and breathing after the exercises. Though if you are an asthma patient, you shouldn’t just avoid exercising, because it is necessary to improve your quality of life. All you need is to know which exercise suit you and which doesn’t. You should ask your doctor in this regard. Hence, the following is the list of exercises that you should do and which you should avoid. Hopefully, it will help you!
Exercising Safely With Asthma
Asthma patients may show more sensitivity regarding allergens, dry air, pollution, and temperature. Also, the breathing pattern can affect the patient badly. When you exercise, it usually happens that you breathe through your mouth which triggers the symptoms. So, you should inhale the breath through the nose and exhale through mouth to avoid breathing issues while exercising.
Best And Worst Exercises For Asthma
Best Exercises For Asthma
Swimming and yoga are the two best exercises for asthma. Swimming assists in building up muscles that are used to breathe. Also, it provides moist and warm air to your lungs. When you have such amount of air in your lungs, it helps in decreasing symptoms. On the other hand, yoga helps in regulating your physical as well as mental health. In this way, it helps in combating asthma.
Tips For Safe Exercise For Asthma Patients
Talking to your doctor would be helpful for you to maintain your exercise routine in a well-mannered way. Specifically, if you have the onset of symptoms after the exercise, then you should know how to do safe exercise and avoid other exercises. A certified doctor can help in the management of asthma by choosing the best lifestyle for you. He may prescribe you a specific medicine that you should intake before 15 minutes of the exercise. Also, it is recommended to exercise indoors so that pollution is avoided. Following are some useful tips to manage your symptoms while exercising.
- First of all, you have to warm up your body.
- Don’t breathe through the mouth, but try to breathe through mouth.
- Make it your habit to wear a mask or scarf in the cold weather.
- Avoid doing exercise in the outdoor setting when there is the weather of allergies because of pollen.
- Avoid exercise when you are sick.
- Don’t do too much exercise.
- Take some time to cool down after doing exercise.
- Carry the inhaler with you so that you can use it as a rescue in a serious condition.
Quit exercise completely is not a good option even if you have asthma or not. It brings a healthy lifestyle. Make it your habit to do some exercise regularly. You may take one or two rest days in a week. Exercise serves the most important part of living a healthy lifestyle. Asking your doctor is preferable to increase your quality of life.